First and foremost, you need to ensure what limits your mod has: What is the lowest ohm it can handle? What kinds of wires is it compatible with? Kanthal, Titanium, Stainless Steel, Titanium, Nickel, Nichrome?
Then, ask yourself: What you’re looking for? Do you want to go wirg regular watt mode, or temperature control (TC)? Is it strong flavors you’re looking for? Then you should go for a coil with a higher ohm dual coil is usually appropriate. Is that steam you’re out? When do you want to have as low ohms as possible, maybe Clapton coil low ohms.
Finished coils, what is there to choose from?
In fact, there are a plethora of different types to choose from. Clearomizers have everything from single (1), dual (2x), triple (3x), quad (4x) and nowadays even pre made Clapton coils which are two different Kanthal wires twisted around each other to increase the surface to vaporize e-juice to maximize both flavor and vapor production. The choice cant be made by anybody else than you, what do you want?
Coils for RBA?
When it comes to RBA coils you can choose from our pre made RBA coils, but the common (and the hard core) way is to wrap your own. We recommend you to read this guide we’ve written how to wrap the coil. Have in mind that Kanthal is used for watt mode only, also Stainless Steel (SS) works in watts mode with newer TC devices, while wires Nichrome, Nickel and Titanium are used exclusively for TC.
If you wanna learn how to wrap your own coils we’d recommend you to start of with something easy, and gradually advancing. Youtube “any type of coil + build” on Youtube to find guides, such as: “single micro coil build” or “dual parallel micro coil” to get all directions you need. Follow the guides exactly, and you’ll build your own coils in an evening.
- Start off with a simple and straight forward single micro-coil, then move on to wrap another coil exactly as you did the first one = you have a dual coil.
- After the dual coil, lots of people move on to the quad coil, but never mind that, it’s just awkward and not worth it since it differs significantly from the dual coil.
- Instead: Make a set of dual parallel coils, similar to the dual coil but instead of 1 wire you use 2 wires next to each other. That way you’ll get double the surface to vaporize e-juice = vapor production like a quad coil.
- If it still itches in your fingers, you Youtube clapton coils.
- When Clapton coils is not a game anymore so you learn to do Fused Clapton coils.
- After that is done and done, move on to threescore staggered fused Clapton, alienated coils, dragon coils etc. Only your dexterity will set the limits.
The more advanced coil you have, the faster the battery will drain and the e-juice will get used faster. Also note that if you wrap a coil of 0.6ohm and make an (dual), your new ohms become half: 03ohm. Wrap another set to get a quad coil, and you’ll end up with 1/4 of the initial ohm and 1/2 of the dual coils: 0.15ohms.